Monday, September 9, 2013

It's Fall!

Yay! I love fall. A close friend told me that since fall is my favorite season it means that I: thrive with structure and routine (check) and like predictability (check again). I would also add that I love fall food and the traditions behind them. Case in point, I stopped on the way home from coffee today to pick up Robinette's pumpkin spice doughnuts and apple cider. 
Nothing says fall better than pumpkin flavored food and hot apple cider.


Also, nothing says pregnant momma like food cravings and counting down the weeks. We are just under 10 weeks and I have a new sense of anticipation as this is the same amount of time that I am taking off work after the birth of our baby. 

I have loved pregnancy and the anticipation of growing our family, but am also starting to feel more "pregnancy symptoms." I now roll, literally, out of bed each morning as sitting up is not working anymore.  Putting on socks has become somewhat of an athletic endeavor as I try to bend over without feeling nauseous or falling over, and I sound like I am constantly climbing stairs when talking due to shortness of breath. 

To balance out these negative experiences our little peanut consistently reminds me that s/he is there with jabs and kicks rivaling a pro soccer team, all at once. I mentioned to my mom I was a little concerned about the activity level of our little one and she just started laughing and reminded me that I don't tend to sit still well. That's true, but I always pictured our Baby G as chill. I might need to start rethinking my picture or hope that s/he takes a little more after Adam. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment